June 17, 2015 | 8:30am – 3:30pm
The University of Illinois Career Services
The Illinois Technology Association
U of I Business Innovation Services
1100 E. Warrenville Road
Naperville, Illinois 60563
Learn How To Build a Top-Notch Internship and Entry Talent Program
Prices – $99 For-Profit | $79 Non-Profit/Government
Continental Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks Provided!
Utilizing interns is the perfect way to conduct recruiting activities by identifying future hires, increasing retention rates, maintaining a pipeline of highly qualified candidates, creating and building relationships with local universities and organizations, and having short-term projects completed by an educated workforce.
For the above to be true, organizations must host effective and meaningful programs. How is this done? What are students looking for? What are the expectations of universities? What can organizations do to make their programs the best they can be?
The Internship Program Best Practices Workshop is designed to help you and your organization build a win-win internship program. Based on the most in-depth research ever to be conducted into the successful management of internship programs, you can be assured that you will leave the event with a newfound approach to internships.
The presentation will include detailed statistics from proprietary Intern Bridge research. Qualitative and quantitative responses will be shared from our latest research project, the National Internship and Co-op Study – a detailed examination of what makes internship programs successful based on the responses of over 125,000 students from more than 500 universities.
RECEIVE A COPY OF TOTAL INTERNSHIP MANAGEMENT (A $40 VALUE) WITH YOUR REGISTRATION AND SIX (6) CEU’S FROM HRCI!
QUESTIONS? Do not hesitate to email [email protected]
- Learn how to effectively implement an impactful internship program;
- Identify future hires with the only no-strings-attached 12-week interview;
- Create and maintain a pipeline of highly qualified and educated full-time job candidates;
- Increase their organization’s brand awareness on college campuses;
- Build long-lasting relationships with local universities.
- Understanding and communicating with the Millennial generation;
- Gaining executive level support;
- Structuring internship projects, assignments, and tasks;
- Choosing the most appropriate supervisor;
- Marketing internship opportunity to students;
- Providing out-of-the-ordinary orientation programming
- Compensating and providing benefits to interns appropriately;
- Evaluating & providing feedback to interns;
- Gaining valuable data regarding the performance of the internship program;
- Navigating the legal environment of internships;
- Gaininig organizational diversity through internships.
Satisfaction with the program is GUARANTEED. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email [email protected]
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
Intern Bridge, Inc. is a leading college recruiting consulting and research firm responsible for the largest internship-specific surveys in the country. Intern Bridge works hard to close the gap between employers and students by developing resources for employers and universities, delivering seminars, workshops, and webinars, and publishing management books and other best practices materials.
The College Recruiting Best Practices webinar is appropriate for organizations of any size, from any industry, anywhere in the country. Over ten thousand individuals have participated in Intern Bridge programming since 2005. A few notable organizations that have participated in various Intern Bridge programming include:
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
During the past 15 years, Dr. Robert Shindell has successfully held a variety of professional leadership roles in higher education. He developed career centers at The University of Toledo’s College of Engineering, Midwestern State University and the Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech University. Robert’s innovative approach to career services led The Rawls College of Business Career Management Center to achieve the ranking of 28th in BusinessWeek’s national ranking of College of Business career centers in 2007. He has presented at various conferences as well as several webinars including “Recruiting Those Who Recruit your Students” and “Analytics in Action: Career Services Assessment”.
Robert has earned his Doctorate of Philosophy from Texas Tech University, a master’s degree in training and development from Midwestern State University, and a bachelor’s degree in education from the University of Toledo.