“Take Your Internship Program from GOOD to GREAT!”
May 15, 2015
8:30am – 3:30pm
Continental Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks Provided
Learn How To Build a Top-Notch Internship
and Entry Talent Program
Utilizing interns is the perfect way to conduct recruiting activities by identifying future hires, increasing retention rates, maintaining a pipeline of highly qualified candidates, creating and building relationships with local universities and organizations, and having short-term projects completed by an educated workforce.
For the above to be true, organizations must host effective and meaningful programs. How is this done? What are students looking for? What are the expectations of universities? What can organizations do to make their programs the best they can be?
The Internship Program Best Practices Workshop is designed to help you and your organization build a win-win internship program. Based on the most in-depth research ever to be conducted into the successful management of internship programs, you can be assured that you will leave the event with a newfound approach to internships.
The presentation will include detail statistics from proprietary Intern Bridge research. Qualitative and quantitative responses will be shared from our latest research project, the National Internship and Co-op Study – a detailed examination of what makes internship programs successful based on the responses of over 125,000 students from more than 500 universities.
RECEIVE A COPY OF TOTAL INTERNSHIP MANAGEMENT (A $40 VALUE)
WITH YOUR REGISTRATION AND SIX (6) CEU’S FROM HRCI!
QUESTIONS? Do not hesitate
to email us at [email protected]
In this workshop you will learn How To:
- Effectively implement an impactful internship program;
- Identify future hires with the only no-strings-attached 12-week interview;
- Create and maintain a pipeline of highly qualified and educated full-time job candidates;
- Increase their organization’s brand awareness on college campuses;
- Build long-lasting relationships with local universities.
- Understand and communicate with the Millennial generation;
- Make the business case for internship programming;
- Gain executive level support;
- Plan for the best time of year to host interns;
- Structure internship projects, assignments, and tasks;
- Choose the most appropriate supervisor;
- Target the most fitting universities;
- Marketing the internship opportunity to students;
- Interview and select intern candidates;
- Provide out-of-the-ordinary orientation programming
- Compensate and provide benefits to interns;
- Evaluate and provide feedback to interns;
- Gain valuable data regarding the performance of the internship program;
- Navigate the legal environment of internships;
- Gain organizational diversity through internships.
Total Internship Management Workshop
“Take Your Internship Program from Good to GREAT!”
May 15, 2015
8:30am – 3:30pm
Continental Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks Provided!
Approved for 6 Hours of HRCI Credit!
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
During the past 15 years, Dr. Robert Shindell, has successfully held a variety of professional leadership roles in higher education. He developed career centers at The University of Toledoâ€™s College of Engineering, Midwestern State University and the Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech University. Robertâ€™s innovative approach to career services led The Rawls College of Business Career Management Center to achieve the ranking of 28th in BusinessWeekâ€™s national ranking of College of Business career centers in 2007. Dr. Shindellâ€™s research and opinions are often quoted in the New York Times, The Chronicle of Higher Education, The Washington Post, Inside Higher Ed and many more. He has worked with thousands of employers and higher education career centers in developing successful transition plans for students through both live and virtual presentations.
Robert has earned his Doctorate of Philosophy from Texas Tech University, a masterâ€™s degree in training and development from Midwestern State University, and a bachelorâ€™s degree in education from the University of Toledo.
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
Intern Bridge, Inc. is a leading college recruiting consulting and research firm responsible for the largest internship-specific surveys in the country. Intern Bridge works hard to close the gap between employers and students by developing resources for employers and universities, delivering seminars, workshops, and webinars, and publishing management books and other best practices materials.
The Internship Best Practices Program is appropriate for organizations of any size, from any industry, anywhere in the country. Over fifteen-thousand have participated in Intern Bridge programming since 2005. A few notable organizations that have participated in various Intern Bridge programming include: